- A beautiful bike trail, along the former railway of the old Trenino delle Dolomiti, through the Landro Valley from Cortina to DobbiacoContinue for another 3 km as far as Dobbiaco town center. The return is along the same itinerary.
Departure from the hotel and immediately turn left, to go up, in Via Menardi. After following the road for 300m, take the cycle path to the left again towards Dobbiaco.
The first three km are on a paved road with a yellow line dividing the road into two lanes. The left lane is reserved for bikes, the right lane for pedestrians. Please proceed with extra care. Ride past a gate and continue slightly uphill on gravel road for 15 km.
An adventure full of surprises begins!
- The colorful old railroad switch houses of the Dolomite railway;
- The long, faintly-lit, tunnel carved out of rock with its typical pear-like shape to allow steam locomotives pass through;
- The iron bridge over the deep gorge of Rio Felizon;
- The Church of Ospitale, built in 1300, the oldest church in the Ampezzo valley;
- Bianco and Negro lakes, natural habitat of the Mallard.
From Passo Cimabanche, ride downhill a few more km as far as the emerald Landro lake, continue a little farther on and, on your right, will appear the breathtaking view of Tre Cime di Lavaredo north face .
After a short stretch, at Sorgenti, you reach the World War 1 military cemetery on your left, and a little further ahead Lake Dobbiaco.
Continue for another 3 km as far as Dobbiaco town center.
The return is along the same itinerary.